Dec 5, 2008

New TTC garage

The TTC has a new bus garage. The Mount Dennis Division (bus garage) had been scheduled to be operational in October 2007. The opening was postponed because of the City Of Toronto's financial struggles. The garage which has space for indoor storage capacity of 250 buses opened on November 23, 2008. This was also the day that the TTC introduced more service on many routes and new Sunday service as well.

The official opening will be held on Thursday  December 11, 2008 at 11 am. The garage is located at 121 Industry Street. North of Eglinton Ave. West, west of Black Creek Drive, off Todd Bayliss Boulevard.


View Larger Map

The next garage is scheduled to be built on McNicoll Ave., in Scarborough. That is not likely to happen for four to five years.

3 comments:

nixtuff said...

I made this map! I never thought anyone would ever use it!

Andy said...

I never associated nickjbor with nixtuff. I was more interested in stealing the map for my blog. (smile) There is an article in the Toronto Star about The Bus To Nowhere. I like this route because 171 was my badge number with the TTC.

nixtuff said...

Feel free to use any of my maps. Most of them are transit related.