May 2, 2008

How to break DRT's codes

My post yesterday about the lack of signage on the Flag Bus, has produced satisfactory results. In order to change the the destination signage the driver has a code number to enter for each route. Since no one at DRT West were able to provide a code for the Flag Bus I assumed (along with many other employees) that the Luninator had not been correctly programmed.


In this case, it turned out that this was not the obstacle that stood in the way. It was realized that it required thought and skill for resolution. Someone in authority at DRT decided the only way to crack the code was to start communicating. Yesterday, the driver received a radio broadcast from a supervisor. The time had come to reveal the code. The last in a series, of processes had been completed.


It is amazing what can happen when you convey knowledge or information.


I offer my apology, to the programmer, that I suggested was at the root of the problem. I am sure she will understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems to be many codes that need breaking or destroyed for new ones.......very commical.
Thanks for the laugh Andy.