Jun 4, 2006

Miller needs to help

Mayor should step up and do his job by resolving labour issues between TTC management and union

I am amazed that a city as large and powerful as Toronto has such a naive and inexperienced mayor. The Harvard-educated mayor seems to lack an understanding of the average working man and has no sympathy for his plight. The workers at the TTC are disgruntled, irate and put upon by management. Morale at the TCC is at an all-time low. This situation did not happen overnight. Continued…

My Comments: I have been retired from the TTC for nine years. My own personal observation of after working as an Operator for thirty two years is that the TTC management are very heartless. The management team continues to find fault with their employees. They spend a fortune on training and when that is over they spend another fortune on trying to fire employees. We were never permitted to think. If something goes wrong they have to always punish someone.

I know of a number of employees that on their retirement day took the retirement gift from the TTC and chucked it into the garbage. They then told the manager to go f**k themselves and then they out into the driver’s room to say goodbye to their friends. It’s one of the few jobs around where a person could get in trouble for doing their job.

After retirement I started to work part-time for Pickering Transit. It took me along time to adjust to a management team that treated their employees fairly. I just assumed that all employers treated their employees the same way the TTC did. How wrong I was! It’s amazing what thirty two years of brainwashing did to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.